Friday, April 22, 2011

Redesign #5- Lacrosse Flyer

For this project, I decided to make a flyer to advertise the Texas Tech Women’s Lacrosse team’s last home game. It was this past weekend and we played TCU. We won 16-9 by the way. Here is the flyer:


I was going for simple in this flyer. These would be handed out on campus somewhere and students have the attention span of about .40692 seconds when looking at flyers handed out. I went straight to the point giving a date, place, and time. I kept the whole flyer black, white, red, and grey accents in the logo.
Alignment- I centered the logo in the middle of the flyer and put text on both sides. I off-set the text on the left and put it closer to the bottom because the S in “Women’s” was too close to the logo and I wanted to keep the text that size so it would fill the space better. Then on the right side, I put spaces between the text at the top and between “When” and “Where” sections to help distinguish between the different content. I turned the logo slightly clock-wise to make the flyer look more interesting instead of just a straight double T and text.
Proximity- I divided the content with the text on the right kind of my title, and the text on the right is explaining more about what the flyer is about with details. I put the spaces between the text on the right to help make things easy to read, and show where a new though ends and begins. Since the text on the left is towards the bottom of the flyer and the text on the right is towards the top, I created some white space in the corners so the flyer is a little less cluttered. I also put a space after every word on the left so that it is less cluttered and didn’t put too much white space on the bottom.
Repetition- I mainly used repetition in the colors. I kept with the school spirit and used black, red, white, and grey accents in the logo. I also used the same font on the content on the sides (Berlin Sans).
Contrast- I made the background black and used white text for the not-so-important content. On the left side I made the white words a 36 size, and the “Texas Tech Women’s Lacrosse” size 48 and red. I did this to make the important information stand out more to the readers. Then on the right side, I made the details and the name of the club red to make the information stand out more, while making the “Where” and “When” in white.

3 comments:

  1. Missing your 5th re/design...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is it. I just named it the 4th one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.

    Some notes:

    - some of the fonts are blurry when reading, such as colons bleeding into words

    - good use of TTU color schemes

    - good notes on use of alignment, especially

    - no notes referring to culture, rhetoric, or perception

    - might use some picture of lacrosse in order to reference it more readily

    ReplyDelete